Hi all the lovely people out there!
Am sure at some point of the time, you must have tried guessing what’s there in a girl’s handbag that she never lets you touch it? She compromises on most of the things, and share every bit of gossips She tells you everything, loves you and is loyal to you too but when it comes to touching her handbag, she gets offended. I think of myself as a perfect example for a 'Girl with a Handbag!' I just cannot leave home without a handbag! So, a little eye- opener for you, here.
While sitting at a coffee shop recently, I and a friend of mine were literally fighting over the importance of a woman’s handbag in her life. I know that's a lame topic to discuss but then we are a little crazy. He then shared this mini story about his lecturer trying to categorically differentiate between a man and a woman. According to him, a man, carries things which are only useful (mostly, just money); the no-nonsense stuff, so whenever he needs to find something, in a matter of seconds he’ll find it. But, when it comes to women; situation is totally different. They have to search through their entire wardrobe (well that's the word that he actually used for my bag, Gosh!) and only after looking into each and every pocket twice, they manage to find the needful. Phew! No way! It’s not always the case, is it? No! *pouts*
What’s so laughable about the insides of a woman’s handbag? Why do you think the connection of a women with her handbag is weird and funny? Do you think each and every item in there is useful or does not have a worthy cause? A cherished memory? A purpose? Well, I personally believe that all the items in there are highly significant. Let’s take a look at the contents as we spill out Miss X’s purse onto the examination table. Her name has been kept under wraps to protect her from the unnecessary harassment.
Here we go, 3 - 2 - 1. -
Oh! And this is not all. Some other things found are -
11. A dozen bandages- Okay, sometimes I get frustrated trying to find a bandage, so I buy a new one. Who knows I could get hit on something hard and be poor. I’ll surely be glad I have a year supply of bandages then, won’t I ? Just kidding! But you agree they are essential, right?
12. Unfinished chocolate bar- What? Nothing’s wrong with it. You know, if your bus’s late and your probably starving, you might just wish you had something to eat.
13. 7 pens,3 pencils and a glitter pen (Stationary) - I have a phobia, I can’t help it. I must carry multiple writing instruments. You never know, what you may just need to complete a project.
14. Photos - Yes, you heard it alright! Photo of me and my close friends. Well, I may just need to remember them. And sometimes, photos on your phone may not be sufficient! Aww.. I know am super sweet! *wink*
15. Umbrella - you live in Delhi, too. Don’t you? You know the heat! Umbrella is a constant companion for a woman be it summers or monsoons. Imagine, what would have happened to woman’s race without it?
Miscellaneous- Water bottle, daily planner, office papers, college notes, money (if any space is left) etc. depending upon the weather for instance, summers- cotton gloves, winters- woollen gloves etc. What?! It’s important at times.
I have my sympathies with Miss X and her handbag. I personally, don’t find anything that should be discarded or left out. I mean, just take a look at everything listed above has so much usage in one’s life.
As for men, they have always been and will always be clueless about the complexity of a woman’s life. A woman is a miracle of divine contradictions. It’s easier to clean a woman’s mind than her handbag, because mind changes but no matter what she likes to keep her handbag same as always.
As the saying goes, "To generalise on women is dangerous. To specialise on them is even worse". So, be careful,friends!
Love & Laughter,